Why egg donors or oocyte donors are needed for IVF and Surrogacy?
Egg donors are an essential part of Assisted Reproduction as about 30% of women suffer from infertility because of decreased or absent ovarian reserve.
Some women may have specific genetic conditions such as cystic fibrosis which causes problems in ovulation or fragile X syndrome which can result in decreased ovarian reserve or premature ovarian failure because of which they cannot have their genetically related babies. In such cases Egg Donors are used.
Where do we get egg donors from?
Egg Donors at KIC are sourced from reputed ART Banks whichis into the business of providing & maintaining Egg Donors, mainly these donors are sourced by ART Banks through advertisements and word of mouth and from information over the internet. Once female approaches to be Egg Donor there are various tests carried out on her including Physical and Psychological Evaluation, evaluation of family history to determine chances of genetic disorders and other inheritable diseases of any, blood tests are done to determine the probability of STD’s and finally TVS is carried out to ensure that there is no fertility related issues pertaining to Egg Donors
Do you provide egg donors or do I have contact a third party egg donation agency?
KIC has a strong database of more than 300 Indian, Caucasian, Thai and African American Egg Donors through its associated ART Banks. KIC does not work with any other third-party agencies providing such services.
Is egg donation affordable? What are the costs involved if need an egg donor?
Yes, egg donation is affordable but fees for egg donors vary based on their ethnicity, place of residence, education and other such qualities. Broadly in many of our IVF & Surrogacy Programs the Donors are included in package.
How do I go about IVF with egg donation?
The female undergoing this kind of a treatment undergoes what is known as a Down regulated cycle and this is to match the patient’s cycle with the Donorcycle.
How do I go about Surrogacy with egg donation?
The process is similar to the IVF process with egg donation. The only difference is that the embryo is transferred into a surrogate mother instead.
What is the medical process involved in egg donation?
Controlled Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation (COH) to cause super-ovulation. For more information write to one of our Doctors at firstname.lastname@example.org
What tests are done on egg donors?
The tests include:
- Fertility testing by hormonal assays and ultrasound
- STD testing
- Routine and advanced pathology
- Genetic and chromosomal testing
- Psychological screening and testing
What are the success rates with egg donation?
Success rates vary from cycle to cycle based on the number and quality of embryos transferred, cumulative(3 cycles) pregnancy rates in IVF are 83% and surrogacy 94%
At KIC egg donation program is considered to assist a woman who is unable to produce her own healthy eggs for pregnancy. Recipients of all ages experience a success rate of implantation of approximately 40% per embryo transfer. Cumulative success rate exceeds 90% when 3 or more repetitive embryo transfers are performed.
Why to opt for egg donation:
- Failure to achieve a possible pregnancy following repeated attempts at IVF or other Art Treatments.
- Poor fertilization of eggs in spite of good quality sperm.
- An absence of ovarian function due to preceding surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy.
- Premature ovarian failure.
- The presence of an inherent disorder that has a high likelihood of being transferred via the women’s eggs to the offspring.
- Women over the age of 40Unexplained failure of IVF consecutively.
- Poor responders (less than 3 to 4 eggs)
Criteria to choose an Egg Donor
Young and healthy women between ages of 21-32 years are eligible for egg donation program
Other criteria we look into before using a particular female as an Egg Donor are as follows.
- The prospective donor should be in all-purpose good health
- Should not have any major abnormality or genetic disorders.
- Post screening test for HIV, HBsAg, VDRL & hepatitis
- Post physical Examination, Endocrine Profile, Ultrasound Examination.
- Medical screening for any physical or mental weaknesses.
- A written consent form confirming the full understanding of the egg donation procedure.
We at KIC- Hyderabad provide excellent facilities for assisting the infertile couples to achieve their unfulfilled dream to have a baby of their own.
We are committed to providing the highest quality medical care in a sensitive and helpful environment.
For detailed information regarding egg donation please contact us through, email@example.com